The Gathering Evaluation & Results
A comprehensive program evaluation was conducted of The Gathering to gauge the program's effectiveness and relevance. Participants completed an indepth online program evaluation the week after they attended. The results reflect AFLV’s commitment to excellence in producing a leading edge experience and our ability to positively enhance the professional development of the individual participants.
"This was a refreshing experience for me as a professional. I walked out of the program and returned to my campus with a totally new and creative way of looking at how and why I do my job. Another brilliant idea compas and AFLV - thank you thank you thank you for investing in me! I truly appreciate it and am honored to have been a part of the experience. Thank you."
Quality Scores: Quantitative Data
- Every participant who attends The Gathering is asked to rate the overall quality of the program. All but two participanst rated it the highest score of "Excellent"; the remaining two provided the next highest score of "Good".
- The participants were asked to rate this event compared to other professional development events/conferences they have attended. All but one participant provided a score of "Excellent" with the remaining one giving a score of "Good".
- 90% of all participants agreed or strongly agreed that The Gathering GREATLY impacted them in a positive way.
- When asked if as a result of their attendance at The Gathering, they were prepared to do something significant and profound, 100% indicated that YES, they were.
- 100% of those in attendance indicated that they would recommend The Gathering to their peers.
Participant Voices: Qualitative Data
Participants were encouraged to share their experience in their own words as well. The following are comments taken from the various evaluation questions that particularly capture the themes of the program.
- "The Gathering gave me a platform to start thinking about change that needed to be made and how to start down the road to bettering my campus community and the fraternal movement as a whole."
- "There are few other (if there are any at all) opportunities for F/S professionals to reflect in this way."
- "I learned that I don't need permission to make change. There are others out there like me who want to make change, now I am committed to finding them."
- "My favorite thing about the experience was the challenge to be creative and innovative. It was refreshing to be in a space where I could dream and think with no limitations. I loved the white space room. I thought we should have used it more!! The personal reflection time was great. I loved that this was about me and not about our group or our movement as a whole but what could I do, how could I challenge myself to be more creative, and then in turn positively improve the movement"