A few highlights of the revisions to the Awards & Assessment Program for the 2013 Assessment & Awards Season. This may be especially helpful to councils returning to the process.
- Criteria changes: This year, AFLV updated the applications by adding, eliminating or editing only a minimal number of criterial statements (5-15% per divisional category) because the Assessment & Awards Committee is conducting a major review and revision for 2014.
- NPHC: The number of categories in the NPHC division has increased from 7 to 8.
- MGC: The number of categories in the MGC division has increased from 6 to 7.
As a reminder, here are highlights of the revisions to the Awards & Assessment Program from the 2012 Awards Season.
- New questions: Every year, AFLV updates the awards applications by adding, eliminating or updating criteria statements and descriptive questions. As much as 25% of any application may be edited in a given year. This ensures that the criteria are fresh and relevant to current trends in fraternity/sorority life.
- Cover Page: A standardized cover page in each awards packets has replaced the cover page, information pages and verification letters required previously.
- IFC Divisions: IFC Divisions 3 & 4 have changed. IFC Division 3 now includes councils with 13-20 chapters and Division 4 now includes councils with 21 or more chapters.
- NPHC: The number of categories in the NPHC division has increased from 6 to 7.
- Descriptive & Bonus Questions: Response for and documentation of these questions should be included in the documentation notebook; previous this information was included in the Program Entry Notebook.